Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I wanna go where everybody knows your name

We went to McDonald's for lunch today at Kendall's request - and when you order a happy meal they ask if it's for a boy or girl - well, I said girl and Kendall yelled "it's for kendall barr".....just struck me as funny!!!!
She is still loving dance class - and still talking the teacher's arm off. I've told her to just keep going with the class b/c otherwise Kendall will never stop talking.
Yesterday I was the parent helper in her classroom and halfway to school I told her I was staying with her at school and she cried and said "no I wanna be there by myself". I told her all the parents take turn helping in the classroom and she said "well I don't want it to be your turn today." Nothing like crushing me! Once we got to school and she realized that she could help me with the "helper duties" - she was okay with me staying. Since I was the helper - Kendall was the special person - so she got to bring a friend from home (she wanted the cat) but I talked her into something not alive...she chose the teddy bear that daddy got her. She got to sit in a chair next to the teacher and talk about her friend. This talking eventually turned into our cat's poop and then another kid started telling the class about his new Spiderman underwear. Her teacher is great at diverting them from "off topics" - but I had a great time with eight 3 year olds - surprisingly!!

0 comments: