Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kendall's special day







Today was Kendall's special day at school. And it was extra special because it was for her birthday. So yes, with a 5 day old infant in tow.....we headed off to Kendall's school. I had to stay the whole time because when it's the kids special day - the parents stay as helpers (well they only need 1). Her teacher was happy that I'd brought the baby because that was her excuse to keep the kids inside!!! Kendall brought the bear that Brenym gave her for her show and tell. I can't even tell you how excited she was to show her friends "Daphne". Their project for the day was decorating Christmas cookies and they had a blast with that.
Kendall is adjusting okay to having a new brother. She sleeps right through him crying and I was really worried about that. I've know she just wants to be involved and included so her job is the pacifier. If he "wahs' (as she calls crying) she can find the pacifier and try to get him to take it. She books to find the pacifier when he cries - it's cute. She has probably kissed him more than I have already. She asked one time why he peed out of "that thing" and she has also lifted up her nightie and asked "can I feed the baby cuz I have boobs." We are trying to give her extra special 1 on 1 attention and I sure hope it helps her adjust.

0 comments: